Boos Wood Board Cream Moisturizer
Flat Rate Shipping Note
Ground shipping is free to the 48 contiguous states for orders $75 and over, except where noted on product pages.
For orders totaling under $75, shipping and handling is $12 flat rate. (Some small items ship for $8 as noted on those product pages.)
Why Buy from PHG?
- Quality, curated product selection
- Prompt, personal customer service
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Boos Block® Board Cream contains a natural, unbleached beeswax and food-grade oil formula. Board Cream is a dense, thick treatment that provides a protective top layer to the wood surface against foods and liquids. It helps keep the water out and the oil in.
Butcher Blocks — Oil Finish: Care & Maintenance
- A minimum of once a month (depending upon the use and household conditions), apply an even coat of Boos® Mystery Oil to all surfaces of your butcher block using a cloth or disposable towel. Allow the Mystery Oil to fully penetrate through the wood fibers overnight, then wipe off any excess oil. Apply additional oil to any visible dry spots or for any other necessary reasons. For additional protection, it is recommended to use Boos Block® Board Cream to seal the top of the wood surface following the Mystery Oil. Apply an even coat of the Board Cream using a cloth or disposable towel. Allow the Board Cream to penetrate the wood surface overnight, then wipe off any excess cream.
- Don’t allow liquids of any type to stand on the butcher block for long periods of time. Don’t let fresh, wet meats lay on the butcher block longer than necessary. Brine, water and blood contain much liquids, which soak into the wood, causing the butcher block to expand, the wood to soften, and glued joints to weaken.
- Use a good steel scraper or spatula several times a day, as necessary, to keep the cutting surface clean and sanitary. Scraping the surfaces will remove 75% of the liquids. Don’t use a steel brush on the cutting surface of your butcher block.
- Don’t cut fish or poultry on the butcher block work surface, unless you have thoroughly followed the instructions in step #1. The moisture barrier must be intact prior to cutting any type of fish, seafood, or poultry on the cutting board work surface. Always clean the cutting board surface thoroughly after cutting fish or poultry.
- Don't cut continuously in the same surface area. Distribute your cutting over the entire work surface so that it will wear evenly. Don’t use a razor-edged cleaver. It will chip or splinter the wood and produce soft spots. Your cleaver should have a dull sharpened edge for best results.
- Sanitize your butcher block by wiping all surfaces down with mild dish soap and water. Dry thoroughly. Don’t use harsh detergents of any type to wash your butcher block surface.
- Maintain the same bevel on the edge of your butcher block as it had when purchased. This helps prevent splitting or chipping on the outside of the butcher block.
“Pleasant Hill Grain has outstanding products and even more importantly, the customer service to back them up. In the rare event of an issue, it’s the customer service that makes the difference. That's why I will keep ordering from PHG.”– Mike H., NE
Did we forget something? If you need more information about this product, please tell us what else you'd like to know with a quick email or live chat!
PHG provides product-giveaway sweepstakes entries to all submitters of reviews, a program which also accepts entries without purchase. Take advantage of this program for repeated opportunities to win great PHG products! Nature of review does not influence odds of winning. Full contest rules are available here. All reviews are by verified buyers.
- KoMo Classic Grain Mill
- Nutrimill Classic Grain Mill
- WonderMill Grain Mill
- Brød & Taylor Dough Proofer
- Bosch Universal Plus Mixer
- Ankarsrum Stand Mixer
- Wonder Junior Grain Mill
- Kuhn Rikon 12L Family Cooker
- Berkey Water Purifiers
- Tabletop Fruit Press
- Vitamix A2500 Ascent Blender
- Hard White Wheat
- Oat/Grain Flaker
- OvaEasy Eggs Crystals
See product description below.