"This recipe is a family favorite, especially on cold wintry days."
- 1 c. potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 c. carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. 2% milk
- 2-1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & cubed
- 1/2 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 4 warm buttermilk biscuits
Place potatoes and carrots in a small saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain. Set aside.
In a large skillet, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon and black pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Stir in chicken, peas, and potato mixture; heat through.
Serve with biscuits.