"The classic Cobb salad turned into a buffet salad for 12."
- 3-4 heads Romaine lettuce, washed and cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 c. Spring Greens mix
- 8 Hard Cooked Eggs, chilled, peeled and chopped
- 1 (9oz) can Yoder's Bacon, chopped
- 3 (13oz) cans Chicken Chunks, drained
- 1 pt. Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4 Avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 c. Gorgonzola Cheese, chunks
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground Pepper, to taste
In a large serving bowl combine almost all the Romaine and Spring Greens mix. Set out for serving with a Kuhn Rikon Tongs & Turner or Olive Wood salad set. Set aside some of the lettuce for the next step.
On a large rectangular platter create a bed of Romaine and Spring Greens mix.
Down the center of the lettuce bed evenly spread a row of the canned chicken pieces.
Along one side of the chicken create a row of the chopped hard cooked eggs.
Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper on the eggs and chicken.
On the remaining side of the chicken create a row of the chopped bacon.
Set the meat platter out for serving with Cusipro Silicone Locking Tongs.
In a divided bowl place the halved tomatoes and the diced avocados.
Set vegetable bowl out for serving with spoons.
Place the Gorgonzola cheese in a dark colored bowl. Set out for serving with a spoon.
Set out a selection of purchased or home made salad dressings.
This was delicious at PHG on a very warm and humid Nebraska summer day. It was nice to prepare a tasty, fresh meal for our employee team without heating the stove. We did use the oven to freshen a few loves of recently made focaccia bread which was a terrific complement to this simple salad. There were no leftovers when lunch was over!