"These whole wheat cinnamon rolls are delicious! "
- 5 c. of hot water
- 1/2 c. oil (you can use as little as 2 tbsp. or replace completely with applesauce)
- 1 c. honey, maple syrup or other sweetener
- 1 heaping tbsp. salt (preferably RealSalt sea salt)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (optional)
- 10 c. whole, soft wheat flour (plus 2-5 cups extra)
- 3 tbsp. Saf Instant Yeast
- 1 c. chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 c. golden raisins
- Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Attach dough hook to Bosch mixer.
Place all ingredients in Bosch bowl, excluding the extra flour.
Turn on Bosch mixer, knead on speed 1 and quickly add as much additional flour as you need for dough to pull away from the side of the bowl. (It should only pull initially half way up the side of the bowl, and during the 5 minutes, it will completely pull away.
Add back in a couple of tbsp. (or more) of water to make the dough very soft.
Divide dough into three even sections, and form into balls.
Roll balls of dough into 12 x 18-inch rectangles.
Spread dough with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, currants or raisins and nuts. (You can also used diced apples or 1/2 can of apple pie filling).
Roll dough jelly-roll style and cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch sections.
Place in greased 9 x 13-inch pan or cookie sheet and let rise until doubled (about 20 minutes).
Bake at 350° F. for 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
This recipe makes 4-5 dozen rolls depending on size.