Learn to make your own almond milk at home with this easy recipe.
- 1 c. raw almonds, soaked
- 3-1/2 c. filtered water
- 2 to 4 pitted dates, to taste
- 1 whole vanilla bean, chopped or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Small pinch fine sea salt
- 1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Soak the almonds overnight (about 8 to 10 hours). For a quick-soak, soak almonds in boiling water for 1 hour. Rinse and drain well.
- 2. Put drained almonds in blender along with filtered water, dates, and chopped vanilla bean or vanilla extract.
- 3. Blend on highest speed for 1 minute.
- 4. Place a nut milk bag over a bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk.
- 5. Rinse blender and pour milk back in. Blend in cinnamon and sea salt.
- 6. Using a funnel, pour milk into a glass jar and secure lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store milk in the coldest spot in the fridge (typically the back) rather than on a door. Shake jar very well before drinking as the milk separates when sitting.
Author's Notes:If your dates or vanilla bean are dry/stiff, soak them in very hot water for 30 minutes before using. You can also use another sweetener like maple syrup instead of the pitted dates, if you wish.
Pleasant Hill Grain products I used for this recipe...