- 3 c. cooked chickpeas (about two 15-ounce cans)
- 1 roasted shallot
- 3 tsp. tahini
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. fresh, chopped dill (keep extra for garnish)
- 1. Place chickpeas, roasted shallot, tahini, lemon zest and juice, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and red pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- 2. While the motor is running, add the olive oil with a steady stream.
- 3. Stop the food processor when hummus reaches desired texture.
- 4. Add herbs and pulse until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Pulse processor and add 1 to 3 tsp. of water to thin the hummus out. The hummus will firm up more once it is in the refrigerator.
- 6. Add optional garnish. Some options are thinly sliced cucumber, parsley sprigs, champagne vinegar, tomatoes, or feta cheese.
Pleasant Hill Grain products I used for this recipe...