- 5 c. warm water
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 tbsp. dough enhancer
- 4 c. fresh spelt flour
- 3 tbsp. instant yeast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. gluten
- 4-6 c. fresh kamut flour
- 4 eggs
- spelt or kamut flour to clean the side of the bowl
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Put the dough hooks on your Bosch mixer.
- 3. Add to the bowl: warm water, honey, oil, dough enhancer, spelt flour, yeast.
- 4. Mix thoroughly for about 15 seconds, then cover the mixture and let it sit for 10-15 minutes until bubbly or spongy.
- 5. Then add: salt, gluten, kamut flour, eggs, you may need to add more flour until the dough separates from the bowl.
- 6. Knead on speed 1 for 3 minutes. (DO NOT knead for more than 3 minutes. This will cause the gluten to overdevelop and make flat loaves.)
- 7. Form and place 5 loaves into liberally oiled pans.
- 8. Let rise until the loaves double in size.
- 9. Turn oven heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Author's Notes:Add flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the Bosch bowl. The Bosch mixer will adjust to altitude and moisture differences. If you can only get your hands on one grain or the other, this recipe will also work using all spelt or all kamut.
Pleasant Hill Grain products I used for this recipe...