A wonderful snack or dessert your family will love. These really could be renamed Carob Banana pops, because they make the cutest banana ice pops! Another grand recipe from Nourishing Traditions.
- 2/3 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cream (preferably not ultra pasteurized)
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Toothpicks or ice pop sticks
- Put carob powder, butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, chocolate extract, cream, and salt in a double boiler.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Slice bananas and stick a toothpick or ice pop stick in each.
- Dip each slice in the carob syrup and roll in chopped nuts if you want. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, cover, and freeze.