- 4 c. warm water
- 1/2 c. tofu white or powdered milk
- 3 tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 tbsp. dough enhancer
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1/3 c. oil
- 4 c. fresh, home ground, wheat flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Enough whole wheat flour to clean the side of the bowl.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a Bosch Universal Mixer with dough hooks, put the water, powdered milk, yeast, honey, dough enhancer, applesauce, oil, and whole wheat flour.
- 3. Mix thoroughly for 15 seconds on speed 1. Let it sponge, covered, for 10-15 minutes.
- 4. Then, add eggs, salt, and enough flour to clean the sides of the bowl.
- 5. Knead for 5 minutes on speed 1. If the dough is still stiff, sprinkle a bit of water on top while kneading to soften.
- 6. Shape into rolls or place in a loaf pan. Let rise until doubled.
- 7. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes (rolls) or 30-35 minutes (bread).
Pleasant Hill Grain products I used for this recipe...
- Bosch Universal Plus Mixer
- NutriMill Classic + NutriMill Mini + Grain Crazy Cookbook
- Hard White Wheat
- Magnetic Measuring Cups, Plastic
- Norpro Cloth Lined Silicone Mitt
- Doughmakers Cookie Sheets
- Premium Nonstick Loaf Pan
- Grandma Eloise's Dough Enhancer, 24 oz
- Cox's Raw Clover Honey
- SAF Red Label Yeast, 16 oz.