"Let me express appreciation for the way in which you do business. The young lady who took my order was courteous, pleasant and has excellent product knowledge. She loves her job and loves people, a rare combination in our world today."
— Jerry Christopher, TX
- Enables consistent dough rise
- Controls both heat and humidity
- Spacious capacity
- Folds flat for storage
- Fast easy setup
- Big viewing window
- Highest quality construction
- Great for yogurt too
- Hanging-rack option available
Brød & Taylor Dough Proofer & Slow Cooker
The Brød & Taylor Dough Proofer makes wholesome, made-from-scratch baking easier than ever with an optimum proofing environment plus easy storage. Set it lower for a longer “cool rise” or turn up the heat to give your yeast a boost on a cold winter day. A large window gives you a full view of the spacious interior where your largest bowl or full sized loaves fit easily. There’s no need to cover your dough as the included water tray keeps humidity at an optimum level. This innovative folding proofer accurately maintains the temperature you set, anywhere in the range of 70–120°F (21–49C). Its body is built of super tough reinforced polypropylene with a clear viewing window. The stainless steel wire rack, power cord and all other parts fit inside the proofer when folded. Inside dimensions are 15” x 12-1/2” x 8-1/2” high. Outside dimensions are (open): 18” x 14-1/2” x 10-1/2” high and (closed): 18” x 14-1/2” x 2-3/4” high, so it stores very easily.
“Great product, would definitely recommend and buy again. Doesn't take much space. We use it in our RV.”
– Reginald & Sandra F., TX
Pizza dough... artisan sourdough... yogurt... the Brød & Taylor bread proofing box provides a warm, humid environment for more consistent results with rising yeast dough recipes. These include organic whole grain recipes, made-from-scratch bread loaves, pastries, gluten-free yeast bread recipes, soft pretzels, doughnuts, focaccia, cinnamon rolls, and croissants, to name a few. The Brød & Taylor bread proofer is also the ultimate yogurt maker, developing perfect yogurt in either one large, or several smaller containers. Nothing's easier than making delicious yogurt at home with this machine.
Brød & Taylor's innovative bread proofing box is a multi-use kitchen tool perfected for home bread bakers – or anyone with an appreciation for scratch recipes, organic cooking and wholesome ingredients. Designed as the ultimate solution for rising yeast dough, the proofer’s consistent low-heat, humid environment also works as a yogurt maker, chocolate tempering machine, bread crisper, plate warmer and more. One efficient, elegant, collapsible appliance does it all – both safely and conveniently. It’s a great new tool for any kitchen where organic, homemade recipes are valued and prepared, and it has really taken off among our customers at Pleasant Hill Grain.
How It Works
- Set Up: Lift the lid then remove the rack, power cord and water tray. Unfold the walls forward along the base into the built-in guides. Place the wire rack on top of the heating plate and over the water tray (if you’re using it). The plug input is on the side.
- Temperature & Pre-Heat: Press ON/OFF once for the POWER light to come on. Using the TEMP buttons, select your temperature and preheat for 10-15 minutes. The HEATING light will flash on and off when your optimal temperature is reached. Place your mixing bowl, loaf pans or baking sheet on the rack and close the lid.
- Humidity Control: The proofer may be operated in a dry or humid condition. To create a more humid environment, pour approximately ¼ cup (50ml) of water into the water tray. For best results, use warm or hot tap water.
- Fold & Store: Turn your proofer to OFF and allow to cool. Lift the lid to remove both wire rack and water tray. Fold the expanded box backwards then hinge it forward onto the base. Put the dry water tray in the front area. Invert the wire rack onto its slots. Place the folded power cord on top. Close the lid and press to lock. Scroll to the bottom of the product description to see how easy it is to fold the proofer for compact storage.
“No longer have to wrap up bowl with bath towels to keep the dough from catching a cold. Couldn't make bread without my Brod & Talyor proofing box, it's perfect. Best purchase ever!”
– Patricia F., NY
Michael Taylor, an engineer and longtime bread baker, is well acquainted with the homespun solutions bakers have tried in search of a more controlled dough rise. An inventor at heart, Taylor saw a problem that needed a remedy. Home bakers needed a tool that offered the confidence and convenience of a professional proofer in an affordable, space-saving design. After years of careful research and testing he created the world’s first folding home proofer, and it's truly an outstanding product.
Cook's Illustrated recommends the Brod & Taylor folding proofer. They found it performs well and is easy to use and clean.
This is a can't-live-without tool for people who love to bake their own breads. The proofer cuts my rising time in half. My wife and I love it.3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
Works exactly as described. Well made and sturdy. Early to store. Perfect humidity level. My dough rises really well in this machine.2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
I couldn't get a good starter for salt rising bread until I used this bread proofer. It's easy to use and does the job at every stage of the bread. I had great results the first time I tried it.Was this review helpful to you?
Wow, what a difference this proofer made!Was this review helpful to you?
Simple and easy to use. Great for in-home bakers who want to expand their baking skills.Was this review helpful to you?
This is a great tool for use at home with small baking projects. It works wonderfully and has improved my home baked goods tons.Was this review helpful to you?
We keep our house cool in the winter. With the Brod & Taylor proofer the dough rises well no matter how chilly the house is!Was this review helpful to you?
Make easier in winter, works as described.Was this review helpful to you?
I've used mine half a dozen times and it works great. Plenty of room with the second shelf rack, has the capability to set the temperature for your unique requirement. Easy to clean, easy to use, easy to store. I'd recommend it to anyone.Was this review helpful to you?
It works great, easy to use, and heats fast. It is also easy to store due to its collapsible design. I will recommend it to my friends and relatives.Was this review helpful to you?
|Manufacturer Part Number||FP-105|
|Brand||Brod & Taylor|
|Product Weight||7-1/4 lb.|
|Warranty Length||1 year|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
Use & Care
See product description below.