This cake is an autumn greeting with its spread of spices and pureed fruits!
Brown Sugar Pecan Glazed Apricot Spice Cake
- 10.5 ounces of pureed apricots (or a mixture of apricots and applesauce)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups Xagave syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups self-rising flour (or your favorite flour blend with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then grease and flour your bundt cake pan. For this cake I used our Jubilee Nordic Ware bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl or mixer, beat apricot puree, vegetable oil, and Xagave. Add eggs and beat well. Add all the spices and self-rising flour, and stir until well combined. Stir in finely chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt cake pan and bake 45-65 minutes, or until the cake springs back and a toothpick comes out of the cake clean. The baking time will depend on the size and shape of your cake pan.
- Remove your cake from the oven and let it cool in its pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently flip it out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- For the glaze, melt butter in a small sauce pan and add brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the 1/2 cup of pecans chunks and remove from heat to cool a bit before drizzling over your cooled cake.
- Serve with ice cream of freshly whipped cream and enjoy!